OpenFunction is a cloud-native open source FaaS (Function as a Service) platform aiming to let you focus on your business logic without having to maintain the underlying runtime environment and infrastructure. You can generate event-driven and dynamically scaling Serverless workloads by simply submitting business-related source code in the form of functions.
Architecture and Design
- Cloud agnostic and decoupled with cloud providers’ BaaS
- Pluggable architecture that allows multiple function runtimes
- Support both sync and async functions
- Unique async functions support that can consume events directly from event sources
- Support generating OCI-Compliant container images directly from function source code.
- Flexible autoscaling between 0 and N
- Advanced async function autoscaling based on event sources’ specific metrics
- Simplified BaaS integration for both sync and async functions by introducing Dapr
- Advanced function ingress & traffic management powered by K8s Gateway API (In Progress)
- Flexible and easy-to-use events management framework
OpenFunction is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. For more information, see LICENSE.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.